of Big Spring
The Heritage Museum holds in trust a variety of permanent collections that are significant to our community’s historic preservation. Permanent exhibits and a temporary gallery space showcase the stories of West Texas and engage the audience in a uniquely noteworthy experience. The temporary gallery is used to feature local and distinguished artists, culturally diverse subject matter, significant historical events and anniversaries, community events and fundraising projects, local arts and crafts from our area schools and organizations, and more.
It is a vital part of our mission to explore new and exciting subject matter to present, keeping the museum fresh and relevant for the community we serve. The permanent exhibit area includes the Texas Longhorn exhibit, the West Texas Oil and Refinery Industry exhibit, Vintage Toy and Doll exhibit, the T&P Railroad exhibit , the Pioneer Medical exhibit as well as many more.
Throughout the museum’s existence there has been pride taken in representing all facets of West Texas including the people, the history and the lifestyle while being the heartbeat of our community.
The Heritage Museum of Big Spring is a non-profit institution whose purpose is to collect, exhibit, and preserve artifacts that reflect the history of Big Spring and Howard County.
- January 30 – March 24, 2023: Texas Crochet -- TX Lakes Trails Division Exhitbit, Heritage Crochet by Onie Harriet Martin Burleson.
- February 18, 2023: 6:00pm - 7:30pm, Night at the Museum
- March 29, 2023: 6:00pm - 8:30pm, Annual Meeting and Lecture with Ken Zoller - West Texas Photos
- March 30 – April 25, 2023: Ken Zoller with Distant Horizon Photography
- April 30 - May 31, 2023: Yearly Big Spring Art Association Judged Areawide Show
- June 03 - July 29, 2023: Vaquero, The First American Cowboy
- June 10, 2023: 6:30pm - 9:30pm, Legends and Legacies Fundraiser & Cowboy/Girl Hall of Fame
- August 2 - September 23, 2023: 1900 Galveston Storm
- September 26 – November 4, 2023: Caboose Watercolors Show
- November 1 - November 10, 2023: Decorating Christmas Tree Forest
- November 11 - December 21, 2023: Christmas Tree Forest Open for Viewing
- December 2023: Christmas at the Museum - TBD
- December 1, 2023: 6:00pm - 9:00pm, Christmas Family Gingerbread House Night
- December 23, 2023 - January 2, 2024: Museum will be closed
***All events and dates are subject to change***
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM