of Big Spring
The Heritage Museum holds in trust a variety of permanent collections that are significant to our community’s historic preservation. Permanent exhibits and a temporary gallery space showcase the stories of West Texas and engage the audience in a uniquely noteworthy experience. The temporary gallery is used to feature local and distinguished artists, culturally diverse subject matter, significant historical events and anniversaries, community events and fundraising projects, local arts and crafts from our area schools and organizations, and more.
It is a vital part of our mission to explore new and exciting subject matter to present, keeping the museum fresh and relevant for the community we serve. The permanent exhibit area includes the Texas Longhorn exhibit, the West Texas Oil and Refinery Industry exhibit, Vintage Toy and Doll exhibit, the T&P Railroad exhibit , the Pioneer Medical exhibit as well as many more.
Throughout the museum’s existence there has been pride taken in representing all facets of West Texas including the people, the history and the lifestyle while being the heartbeat of our community.
Our mission is to collect and preserve items of cultural and historical significance to Big Spring and West Texas, and to use those items for the research and education of the area’s citizens.
- January 10 – February 8, 2022: Lonesome Dove Exhibit, By Humanities Texas
- February 15 – March 22, 2022: OPEN, children art show
- February 2022: Upstairs gallery, Mini Art Show Exhibit, Receive art 8th -10th, Hang on 11th and open on 12th
- March 29 – April 26, 2022: Galveston Gateway to America, By Humanities Texas
- April 14, 2022: 14th Annual Meeting
- April 27 - May 31, 2022: Yearly Big Spring Art Association Judged Area Show
- June 11 - July 31, 2022: Then and Now
- June 18, 2022: 4:30pm - 7:30pm, Legends and Legacies Fundraiser & Cowboy/Girl Hall of Fame
- August 2 - September 10, 2022: 1900 Galveston Storm
- September 13 – October 29, 2022: Caboose Watercolors Show
- November 1, 2022: Christmas, Christmas Tree Forest
- December 3, 2022: Charlie Brown’s Christmas
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM